My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Tuesday, September 11, 2007

    Remembering September 11th....

    No graphics.....

    No poems....

    No links....

    My memory of this day, on that day 6 years ago was a mixed and confusing experience. I started my day watching some of the coverage of Katie Couric outside tower 1, they were still speculating it was a private plane that had hit by accident..

    I was well on my way to O'hare to catch a flight to canada to see a friend/potential girlfriend. I was still in Michigan when I heard the radio say all flights at the airport had been cancelled, but no explanation why.

    I turned my van homeward and stopped at the gas station to get a cup of coffee, and only then did I start to understand what was happening, the 2nd plane had recently hit the towers and rumours of a 3rd hitting the pentagon...

    I watched with a chill as what I thought was a random accident, turned into what it now so clearly was not....and I got angry.

    I made phone calls and IM's to friends I knew who worked over there. I collaborated with friends to help locate our missing. I made assurance calls that I wasn't on any of those planes as I was sceduled to fly that day.....but mostly, I watched, as the gravity unfolded...

    Today I remember where and who I was that day, and all those lost, I hope you join me.

    Where were you that day friends and readers? What is your memory?

    Comments on "Remembering September 11th...."

     

    Blogger crse said ... (5:40 PM) : 

    I was at home on the phone with a colleague. Someone came in and asked her if she was alright and said something about the towers. Since we were both on cells, she thought they meant that kind of tower. Just then Gill called on the other line and said the whole world had gone to hell. Its weird because everyone talks about going home and watching tv. I had a completely different experience in mental health. The first few weeks were a blur of crisis management as we tried to assure children with behavior problems and autism that the world was going to be an ok place. Its weird because the first time I ever cried over 9-11 was last night. Man Im glad you asked buddy..

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7:45 PM) : 

    My memory of it was of being helpless to help console my mother and family members. They lost family that I was not close with but that they had grown up with. One of the worst things in the world is seeing your strong mother who has always been there to guide and pick you back up break down in front of you.

    This post was lovely and sad at the same time.

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (8:21 PM) : 

    crse...We all have baggage, dusting out the bags is important, Gill is a lucky man......:)

    amorous rocker...Thank you for remembering with me, It is hard, but a good lesson.......:)

     

    Blogger Aunt Jackie said ... (8:53 AM) : 

    Just the most surreal day I remember, Mr. J and I were living in Midtown Memphis, we woke up and he was off work or had taken off that day, and I didn't work that day either. We switched on the T.V. and couldn't believe our eyes, the rest of the day felt like a strange dream as we tried to run errands, and the skies seemed hauntingly empty, continuing to catch the coverage the reality struck everyone like a ton of bricks. Nothing has been the same... nothing.

    That's my memory. AJ

    PS: Are you guys mad at me?

     

    Blogger Bunny said ... (9:53 AM) : 

    I was driving with my 9-month-old baby in the car when I heard about the first plane and I thought it was just a wayward private plane. Then the DJs, who were watching the TV at the station, announced the second plane hit the other tower. That's when I knew that the world into which I had brought my sweet, innocent son was an evil, horrible place. I pulled over and called my husband because I was so upset. I continued on to my destination, the mall, but ended up just watching TVs at Sears. I was too upset and sick to my stomach to stay and meet my mom's group and just went home. I was overwhelmed that I had brought an innocent child into such an awful world and I was devastated for what this would mean for his future. I also was concerned for friends in Manhattan and a friend posted to the Pentagon (all I knew were ok).

    An awful day.

     

    Blogger Larry Harrell said ... (12:48 PM) : 

    I was way up in the wilds of the Mendocino National Forest, at a remote fire station. I was working on a timber management project and we generally didn't watch TV in the mornings. I switched on the tiny trailer's radio each morning and they told of a "plane that hit one of the towers". I also assumed it was a small plane suicide attempt until the second plane hit. My partner and I went to work that day, listening to it unfold over the radio. They said the two towers were down and indeed the skies were clear and the heavens were quiet. That still didn't brace us for what we saw on TV when we got back to the remote station and fired up the generator.

    My brother flew on Flight 93, Boston to San Francisco many, many times. With his military training, I'm sure he would have fit right in, had he been on that flight.

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:39 PM) : 

    I had slept late that day. I turned on the TV and saw the second tower falling. I didn't know what had happened yet. All I could think about was all those people with suddenly nothing underneath them.

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (1:55 AM) : 

    aunt jackie...Thank You....and no lass...we are not mad at you. For what it's worth,
    nothing is the same every minute of every day..:)

    bunny...I too must admit to curling up in a ball for abit, but if it
    counts....some good advice. Every generation ponders, is this a world worth bringing
    chidren into?? :)

    backcut...Lets just be glad he was not. My friendship to you, no goofs.

    gretty...No words......hugs friend...:)

     

    post a comment