My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Thursday, July 12, 2007

    The gas grill follies.....part 1

    Long time visitors of the site may remember last falls post "Death of a gas grill". After much debate, and serious math...the committee (IE the lovely wife and I) decides resurrection was just not economically viable, and in all likelihood unsafe. The damn thing had gotten more and more vindictive as time went on. The decision was made it was time to say goodbye to our old friend, to retire him and start anew.

    With the green light and her fateful words that always strike fear and joy in my heart "I'll trust your judgement"...I bid my wife fair day...and off I go solo..gas grill shopping...I'm King of the World!!

    I'm a fricking kid in willy wonka's secret lab man. Several stops and oogling at gas grills ranging in price from $50.00 (sissy ass grill that looks like an easy bake oven) to $2500.00 (Stainless Steel outdoor kitchen that would make the Iron Chef cream his apron) I find the ONE. It talked to me I swear....as I passed the scratch and dents all screaming "buy us please" one display unit inside just chuckled and said...phhhpt. I stared at it...I gawked at it...surely this grill was not mocking me. Oh you did not just mock me Mr. Grill! Mr 3 burner 45000 BTU with stainless steel trim!! Mr. Grill with a side burner and rotisserie hook ups. You did not!! You are not too much grill for me..I am a MAN!!

    Now of course the damn thing has goaded me....and I naturally...must prove it wrong. Nothing personal...well bullshit...this IS personal, I'm taking you home and you will be my bitch...then I look at the price tag.

    Now in fairness...the lovely wife and I hadn't formally set a "hard limit" on this purchase "dollar wise". I did however recall somewhere in the back of my mind justifying this purchase with numbers well under $200.00...at $199.00 + tax..well that wasn't going to make her smile all happy like....which means I wouldn't smile all happy like...you've won this round.....I think I heard it snicker as I walked away...

    To be continued....Here in part 2

    Comments on "The gas grill follies.....part 1"

     

    Blogger Suze said ... (4:34 PM) : 

    I have BBQ envy, I don't believe it. lol

    It's too wet over here to even venture in to the garden let alone eat out there.

    Good luck with the hunt.

     

    Blogger crse said ... (5:40 PM) : 

    What is it with men and grills? The only thing the various men (related and in-laws) have in common at family events in the summer is that they all gather around the grill like they are participating in some magical birthing process. I dont ask because frankly, i dont want to hear the men in my life try to justify this strange thing. Because that would be creepy.

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (7:20 PM) : 

    suze...I hope your garden dries enough soon to enjoy good grilling...:) hope all things are well with you and yours lass.:)

    crse...don't even try.....i loves ya buddy, but this is a guy thing that goes back to the cave.....:)

     

    Blogger Jay said ... (8:40 PM) : 

    There's nothing better than a big thick and juicy steak cooked out on the grill.

     

    Blogger Bunny said ... (12:14 AM) : 

    I may not wear the pants in my family, but anyone with penis better keep his damn hands off my grill!! That Weber set me (ok, my mom; it was a gift) back over $400 and nobody touches it but me! I'm a grilling fool. Dead of winter here in Michigan? Doesn't even slow me down. Hoping to get the rotisserie for my b-day . . .
    Hope you find just the model for you! I keep the Weber locked up safe, but my neighbors leave their super-sweet Ducane out all the time . . . you know, if you happen to be in GR in the middle of the night or whatever . . .

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (6:16 AM) : 

    jay....you know it!! Sizzling dead cow goodness there man!!

    bunny...great....now ya tell me!! :)

     

    Blogger Aunt Jackie said ... (9:01 AM) : 

    All's fair in Love and Grilling!

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (10:22 AM) : 

    aunt jackie...fair indeed....and no prisoners taken!! :)

     

    post a comment