My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Saturday, June 30, 2007

    My country never ceases to amaze me......

    So I'm kind of a news bug. I read way too much of it and try to stay up on events best I can......

    This morning I'm greeted with this from the AP "U.S reverses course on Guantánamo detainees". You can find the whole article HERE.

    Now regardless of your side of the fence regarding the war/s, or you stance if these detainees are enemy combatants....or illegally held hostages....may I ask you a question?

    How in the hell...can our court system...that cannot effectively deal with Paris Hilton, let alone millions of illegal aliens in our own country, effectively deal with hundreds of non US citizens held off our soil?

    I'm sorry......while I don't agree with all of the talking points on either side of the fence.....this is more than asinine.......

    Zig out....

    Comments on "My country never ceases to amaze me......"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:56 PM) : 

    This is quite a question... of morality...
    IMHO, people like that shitty piece of meat called Paris shouldn't get any priviledge... and maybe take the place of some poor dude rotting in Guatanamo... What happens to a guy saying he is claustropobic in Guatanamo??? I doubt they put him in isolation...
    Maybe after that sweet treat, Paris should be able to act in a way that her fortune could be used to help the wolrd at place of putting herself down...

     

    Blogger Bunny said ... (7:04 PM) : 

    Paris isn't meat - she's just BONES!! Apparently jail food didn't fatten her up any - LOL. IMHO the Guantanamo detainees deserve a hearing. Habeas corpus is an essential element in our constitutional system. Ignoring it sets us on a slippery slope to totalitarianism. I don't think it hurts our national security to afford them this basic human right. But I recognize that others disagree and we can agree to disagree.

     

    Blogger crse said ... (9:40 AM) : 

    Hey people! Paris found the Lord! Have a little compassion! (apparently the Lord wasnt hiding good enough). Otherwise i echo what bunny said...and respectfully disagree with you as usual dear friend.

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (8:40 AM) : 

    searabbit...I actually agree with you this one..:)

    bunny...While I agree holding them indefinately seems cruel....we don't know what they are being charged with or why. We have congresional panels for this, and a trial system in place, and they are getting hearing, the federal courts need to stay out of this, my opinion..

    crse...I think we all know she found a grilled cheese sandwich...and doesn't know the difference...:)

     

    post a comment