My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Sunday, June 24, 2007

    Looking back............

    I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this here......but once upon a time, I wanted to be a DNR officer. After my stint spending a summer mapping erosion sights by canoe...working with real game wardens and DNR.....I honestly considered it. Granted, this posed alot of logistical problems as it required a 4 year degree in college....grants aside, this would have been a stretch at the time, and the fact that myself and most of my friends...my friends parents...and just about every adult I knew at the time were all avid poachers...

    In fairness.....back in those days, the DNR kinda turned a blind eye to "local" poachers, so long as nobody was going apeshit. No self respecting warden or DNR would bust a local for taking a deer out of season...or in season without a liscence..if it was known you were just putting meat on your table........enforcement was relegated to tourists or complete jackasses......and we had our share of both...

    Sadly, because of abuses and tighter enforcement......those days are pretty much gone, but while I was pondering this curve in my lifes road....I got to hear some great stories.....

    Me...So whats one of your better stories??

    DNR...Well..there was that time up by the dam...there was this car with it's ass end riding really low...so I pulled it over..

    Me...You pulled it over because it's ass was low?

    DNR...Not really, I pullit over because it was a seasonal road...and there was no reason for them out there as the road wasn't open yet......when I pulled them I noticed 2 shotguns in the backseat..

    Me...and?? (as I'm sipping my beer)

    DNR...Well I asked....why are these shotguns in your backseat and not in guncases?? Driver replied that he was real sorry but the trunk was full, and they had been practice shooting.....I said ok...pop the trunk please.

    Me...??

    DNR...I looked in the trunk...walked back up to the driver and agreed he had no room in the trunk.....as the jackass had 3 geese in it!!!!

    *Goose season was a month away yet....:)

    Another time we were talking about different arrests and heard this one....

    DNR...Buddy of mine is state trooper....he's decided he's going to call me the next time he pulls a car over.

    Me...Why??

    DNR...Well, he pulled over a car one night....made a large drug bust. After a couple of court apperances, the charges were dropped for illeagle search and seizure...

    Me...Ok..I still don't get it though...why call you?

    DNR...You don't understand....I drive with a signed open warrant to search for suspected poaching....drugs found in the process, oops.....but I had a warrant...:)

    *Mental note....never fuck with the DNR..:)

    Comments on "Looking back............"

     

    Blogger Sexy Duet said ... (8:56 AM) : 

    Ok, please explain to the Aussie what a DNR is - I get that it has something to do with hunting perhaps?

    Ms SD

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (9:27 AM) : 

    Sexy Duet!! Hey stranger...good to see you. Yes, basically DNR stands for department of natural resources. A DNR officer is the highest "state level" enforcement position in the conservation food chain. They primarily deal with hunting and fishing, natural resources, but can enforce and arrest for any violation of state law....:)

     

    Blogger crse said ... (8:51 PM) : 

    nothing says "right next door to america" like a signed open warrant!

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (1:47 AM) : 

    CRSE...one day when I own all of Michigan and rename it Ziglandia...you can move here and be one of us.......;0

     

    post a comment