My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Friday, July 13, 2007

    The gas grill follies.....part 2

    If you missed part 1 of this little tale, you may want to start here. Anywho..somewhat dejected...I'm perusing the aisle of grills in my price range. It's the DIY aisle, as I had planned to assemble the silly thing myself...but I'm still bitter from my experience with Mr. 45000BTU. Most in the range I had set for myself were about what I had before, so no harm, no foul....I'm still a man right? Then I see it......and am confused......I waive the 1st person in a red smock over that I see.....we'll call him dude in red smock....here after known as "DIRS"

    Me...I'm confused..isn't that the same unit on display over there for $199.00..this says $169.00.

    DIRS...Oh yeah....that's because it doesn't comes with a tank, the tank is separate for $30.00.

    Me...I don't need a tank, I have 2 at home...

    DIRS...You don't have to buy a tank...

    Me...I don't know...thats still a little more than I meant to spend.

    DIRS...Well you didn't see the sign did you? This is the post 4th of July sale,,,,20% off all gas grills in stock..

    Me...I dunno...

    DIRS...If you buy it today, we'll give you a voucher for a free tank exchange when you need a refill..

    My mind does quick math....$169.00 -20% + 1 free gas exchange.....that makes this gas grill damn near FREE!!! Well no...but it drops the grill well into the $140.00 dollar zone..and..and a free tank exchange...

    Me...SOLD!!!!

    As I'm wheeling the cart out to the jeep, I'm absolutely gloating. I'm humming the man song..you know the one..I'm a man!! I bought a grill!!! I'm a man...I'll burn meat!! I digress....

    It's during this time while still enjoying the afterglow of beating the snickering grill, relishing the knowledge and eyeing my jeep as I get closer...a dilemma arises..this is a huge ass box! It's not just a big box....it's a huge box..I mean really really huge....and in hindsite..perhaps I should have cleaned out the back of the jeep, the back of which is still holding the bulk of our camping gear. Houston...We have a problem...

    After several minutes of rearranging camp gear into the back seat....front seat..over hanging between front and back seat..the box..almost..just almost fits....I'm a guy, I know what this means. One more good shove and quick slam of the hatch.....grill is in the back of the jeep.....I'm a happy man, take that Mr. Grill! I notice when climbing behind the wheel, that my coleman lantern no longer has a glass globe...or atleast not a complete one..this is of little consequence.....I have a grill...I'm a man....I must take my bounty to my house and assemble it.....I must revel in todays accomplishment...I drive home singing the man song......

    To be continued...Here in part 3

    Comments on "The gas grill follies.....part 2"

     

    Blogger Bunny said ... (8:08 PM) : 

    Must cook meat NOW! (Though fruit and veggies are good grilled too. Ever grill fresh peach halves? MMmmm. Pineapple too.) I'll be grillin' tomorrow - hopefully you too! I love the smell of propane in the evening . . .

     

    Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said ... (5:27 AM) : 

    Well done my love, now lets get raw! *giggles*

     

    Blogger Jay said ... (2:30 PM) : 

    I've never used a gas grill. I've always just used to old fashioned charcoal types. But, Hank Hill has just about convinced me to use clean burning propane.

     

    Blogger Suze said ... (3:38 PM) : 

    I'm so jealous! It's still raining all the time over here.

    I need a break somewhere dry for a while. Perhaps I could slip over for a BBQ! ;)

     

    Blogger Sexy Duet said ... (8:43 AM) : 

    I bought Mr SD a BBQ (grill, as you call it) for Christmas the other year and had exactly the same problem when I got it to the car. Men aren't the only ones with the shove and slam manouvre :)

    Ms SD

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (2:51 PM) : 

    rockdog...I'm not only a fool...but a grilling fool man! :)

    bunny...Meat on the grill is almost as good as raw!! :)

    mrs.zig...*wink*!!

    jay...Hank Hill is a wise wise man..and his niece is hot..in a trailer trash kinda way...:)

    suze...We've said it before...will say it again....your always invited to our bbq...you can even bring Alex if ya must...:)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:12 PM) : 

    Burning meat is second only to having meat, on the Scale of Manliness.

    Show your Man Badge proudly!

     

    post a comment