My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Thursday, August 16, 2007

    The day mom made me cry......

    So I'm at my mom's house this last weekend. We had some things to attend to, and just let the kids run wild and stuff. It was a relaxing break, set up a DVD player and restock her movie collection, sip some beers...all was good.....good that is untill.

    Backstory...I'm not a terribly rich man cash wise, but I do enjoy some things a little out of my price range. One of these is a cognac called Courvosier. Cognac enthusiasts would call this "low brow" or even mouthwash...but to me, this is nectar of the gods. The Zig house buys 2-3 bottles a year as a rare treat......thats our budget this lil gem,,,,,and we like it damnit!! anywho...on to the story......

    My mom and uncle and I were sitting at the table watching a new dvd and this little conversation broke out...

    Mom...Whats that cognac you like??

    Me...Courvosier, why?

    Uncle...I told ya...thats the stuff that kicked my ass the night before his wedding.

    Me..."chuckling"..technically, it was my truck bumper that kicked your ass, but yes.
    (The night prior my wedding, I shared a bottle with him and mom, he stepped outside to wizz...on my truck tire...he slipped,,,the resulting contact with his face and my rear bumper still makes the wedding pictures entertaining,,,)

    Mom...I thought so, we saw a bottle in the clearance bin at a store not too long ago...it was funny looking though so we wern't sure....around $24.00

    Me...Bummer, $24.00 isn't a huge discount but not bad...wait, what do you mean funny looking??

    Uncle...It....it just looked different, had vs..sumfinn on it....

    Me..."My heart sinking a little as reality sets in" V.S.O.P.....yes....guys..the bottle wan't clear was it?? Long neck fat body.....but not clear??

    Mom and Uncle in unison...No it was green.....wierd huh????

    Me..."slow draw on my cigarette"...not so wierd 10 years ago, back just before they stopped bottling it in green glass....making that $24.00 dollar bottle atleast 10 year aged in the bottle....before it was aged in the cask....."sick feeling in my stomach now.."

    Mom...We thought of buying it for you for christmas, but your uncle said no.....

    Me..."me holding back tears"....well you thought of me anywho.........:)

    I stopped at said store, the bottle wasn't there...but other than that..it was just a dandy weekend!! Except for that green bottle that got away.... :)

    happy wednesday goofs and friends!! :)

    Comments on "The day mom made me cry......"

     

    Blogger crse said ... (4:04 PM) : 

    Ohhhh that sucks. Hard. Its almost better not to tell you something like that. (and im no cognac enthusiast but i do like courvosier!)

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (4:12 PM) : 

    crse...Mom is now under strict orders to call me if this ever happens again, and gaurd the bottle for the 4 hours it will take me to drive!! :)

     

    Blogger Bunny said ... (7:51 AM) : 

    I can see how that could bring you to tears. I almost cried too.

     

    Blogger Aunt Jackie said ... (8:28 AM) : 

    Ohhh that's sweet and cool. :) Glad to see you guys back, I've missed y'all!

     

    Blogger Aunt Jackie said ... (12:42 PM) : 

    Oh and don't miss Full Frontal Friday, it's my new cool phenomenon. Spread it around! :D

    Today's pic, "Detroit Rock Kitty"

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:58 PM) : 

    Ouch.

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (3:19 PM) : 

    bunny...Yes, sometimes it's just not good to sharethese things...:)

    aunt jackie...We missed you as well, and rocking panties your sporting there!! :)

    gretty...Well said friend, ouch...ouch indeed!! :)

     

    Blogger Mosaic10 said ... (12:32 PM) : 

    Maybe this Christmas bro????? the next one.... yer b'day next year????
    Good intentions, hey what happened to the bottle from the last celebration... the tampered one???

     

    Blogger Jay said ... (8:26 PM) : 

    I live in a dry county, so when I go somewhere that has liquor stores I have to stock up. There is a certain German Riesling (white dessert wine) that I just love. It's cheap and fancy wine shops alway give me the "who let the riff-raff in?" look when I ask for it. Hell, it's not like I'm getting some MD 20/20 or anything like that!

    Anyway, I get three bottles of it each time I find it somewhere.

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (1:29 AM) : 

    mosaic10...that last bottle you gifted us was by far the most entertaining we had in a long long time!! :)

    jay...we have several local wineries here, mostly family shops...wife loves stocking up on wine!! :)

     

    Blogger Suze said ... (5:30 AM) : 

    Damn! I can feel you pain. :)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:52 AM) : 

    Aww... damn, how sad. :(

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (10:15 AM) : 

    Have to forgive moms ignorance... Of course, grateful for what you never had is always hard.

     

    Blogger Aunt Jackie said ... (4:34 PM) : 

    Where the heck are you guys?? Missin ya. Hope everything is o.k. Have a good week.

     

    post a comment