My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Saturday, April 21, 2007

    Bad dreams and happy memories....

    I was reading a friends post on bad dreams this morning and it got me thinking about my own. Personally...my dreams usually fall into 1 of 2 catagories...and have for as long as I can remember. They are either splinted disjointed fragments, or lucid....more real or as real as this is real dreams. The 1st kind........best I can describe, is toss a mirror in a mud puddle and watch it shatter....each piece being a part of the same story out of order, or some thier own story fighting for air time......ehhhhh such is my mind..:)

    My son had similar tendencies when he was younger....complete with fear of monsters. I swear...they were in his closet, in his dresser, under his bed...all over the place. With much thought, and concern I pondered how I could resolve this..then it came to me....MONSTER SPRAY!!

    The kit is pretty easy to assemble if your a DIY kinda person, mine went like this..

    1 plant spritzy bottle.
    1 roll of masking tape...or a blank sticky lable.
    1 magic marker....permanent aka sharpie works best.
    1 adequate source of tap water to fill said bottle.

    Assembly...

    Take the bottle and apply masking tape or sticky lable to it.
    Use said marker to write "MONSTER SPRAY" on the tape/lable. (Be creative, draw monsters and such for emphasis)
    Fill bottle with tap water.

    Execution/Deployment...

    Once assembled and working, upon the next monster fear the child expresses, display with pride and confidence, your bottle of "MONSTER SPRAY".

    Once displayed, boldly walk with child to thier room while explaining.....this is monster spray, monsters hate this and wont come near it..to them, it's worse than soap.

    Upon entering the childs room, spray offending areas....under beds, by the dresser, closet area....let the child spray it as well. (NOTE..It is very important to emphasize....only a spritz or two!! I learned this the hard way!!)

    This may take a couple of times before you can give the child your bottle of monster spray to sleep with on thier own, but that is the goal here...:)

    ***Editors note, Under no circumstances should you colour the water with dye/food coloring....this is bad...I know...the stains never come out!! :)

    Comments on "Bad dreams and happy memories...."

     

    Blogger crse said ... (1:50 PM) : 

    Im very very impressed. A child psychologist recommended this technique when I was in grad school. Way to go on the parental instinct zig! I should have used the monster spray last night because there were more bad dreams. Im DEFINITELY using it tonight! Thanks for the idea buddy!

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (2:08 PM) : 

    I think she still owes me copyright on the idea to damnit!!!! :)

    It was IRC a long time ago....maybe I owe her......beer was involved..

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:46 AM) : 

    I wish I had monster spray when I was little! So much better than the stoopid dog pee soaked 'witches glove' my stoner mom was always trying to give me!

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (12:50 AM) : 

    OMG.....there is a story in a story there gretty!! :)

     

    post a comment