My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Wednesday, January 23, 2008

    Photo ID required to vote.......

    OK.....I got to say out loud, I agree with this law!

    Having said that, I also think it not a necessary law.

    OMG Zig....you just contradicted yourself! You fence rider you!! POSER!!

    Bullshit....and if you will bear with me, I'll endeavour to explain.

    I'd like to start by admitting, I'm basing my opinion on Michigan as I understand it, your state may have very very different rules.

    In Michigan, since I was old enough to drive, it's been a state REQUIREMENT that you have and carry on you a state issued photo ID. Exemptions for this were/are out of state visitors, military (who have their own photo ID), a passport, or other federal ID. 99% of us in Michigan fall into the 1st category, usually in the form of a drivers license.

    Those of us that do not drive, can not drive, are not eligible for a drivers license, have the option of a state issued photo ID.....it costs $10.00. If you are financially challenged, or over a certain age, the state waives or discounts the fee.

    You need this ID to open a banking account. You need this ID to get an apartment. You need this ID to get utilities in your name. In short, there is no excuse, if you are going to claim residency in Michigan, not to have an ID.

    While I support this, it's also a bullshit law...because we don't enforce existing laws!

    All my voting life, I've had to register to vote. It cost me a small fee to get a card to put in my wallet. This card has my name, my voting district, and my signature on it. I was told, always take this with you when you vote.....you will need it. I've never been asked to show it once in over 20 years!!

    Do I think a photo ID to vote is a good idea......yes, yes I do. Do I think we never would have had to go this far if we enforced existing laws?.....Yes...sadly I do.

    Here is a brain storm........present an acceptable ID to get your voter registration card.....pin number aside. 1 card 1 vote. 1 person, 1 vote. Dicks will still find away to exploit the system........but makes it abit more transparent...:)

    I for one have no problem proving I'm Zig......before casting my vote as Zig.

    editors note: If your scared about voting for the president....read and educate yourself. The president has far less impact on your day to day living than your local leaders, your county leaders, and your state leaders.

    Additional note...as rhetorical as this post sounds, we just this year insist "proof of legal residency, for a state ID. I happen to support this as well......:)

    Comments on "Photo ID required to vote......."

     

    Blogger Jay said ... (1:22 PM) : 

    Isn't there a rule against being all reasonable and shit on the internet? You might wanna watch out. They might try to throw you off the internet if you make sense dude. ;-)

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (1:39 PM) : 

    Jay...Duly noted buddy, I'll try and remember to wear my foil hat next post!! :)

     

    Blogger Unknown said ... (6:42 PM) : 

    We don't have ID systems in our place but one of the city councilor just asked me to draft a terms of reference for a project that would be something like this. I just hope it doesn't end like this one. :-P Which I also forgot I had to email it to him like yesterday... LOL...

     

    Blogger crse said ... (6:10 AM) : 

    you do make it sound so reasonable. i lost my bank card again. And am still disillusioned by the whole law. Still, it's posts like this that make me wish we were neighbors. I would greatly enjoy discussions like this over some beers and a campfire. (and of course who wouldn't want to live next door to the lovely Mrs. Zig?)

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (10:35 AM) : 

    Yummy...Eh, wait till we enact "Secure ID" bill. That will make all of this seem like a cakewalk..:)

    CRSE...I think you and I being beer drinking neighbors would be great. I think our neighbors would be afraid....very afraid..:)

     

    post a comment