My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Friday, January 26, 2007

    Da Count...and another long drive accomplished

    So I get the word last night that it will be me making the bi-weekly drive. While I cringe at the idea, I know I must. As uncomfortable as these excursions are, I signed on for all of it, and this is part. I don't resent it, but I'd be lying to myself to say less than I dislike it.

    Now today I'm at work and hear the word..the dreaded word...two actually..."freezing rain". I call the lovely wife and inform her of this twist, ask her to check the weather map our route to see if it's true. A few minutes later, "patches of freezing rain" and light snow, both my path and his possible she confirms. I suggest he be informed, a night time drive seems abit risky. She's dubious, perhaps I'm just trying to avoid the awkward drive.

    It's not long before the call comes back, he's risking it. He has his cell, the roads are still good, if it gets too bad his side he'll call me, too bad my side I'll call him, either can abort no harm no foul....unless I just want to trust my judgement, and say no right now. My choices are take a stand and deny him a weekend with his daughter, or risk it on these grounds. I'm basically screwed.....:)

    I'm thankful tonight I have a loving and lovely wife.......

    I'm thankful that while the weather gods didn't smile, they chose not to frown.....

    I'm thankful the man looks me in the eye and says "thank-you" every time we make this meeting...even though I do it for her, not him.

    I'm thankful I have the tact to say "your welcome"...and leave it at that...:)

    Happy Da Count goofs and friends..:)

    Comments on "Da Count...and another long drive accomplished"

     

    Blogger Lestat said ... (11:39 AM) : 

    It's worth it. Hard to see sometimes but worth it.

     

    Blogger lecram sinun said ... (2:03 PM) : 

    And it counts big that you do it, my friend. Cheers!

     

    Blogger Stealth said ... (2:05 AM) : 

    you are always so positive...that is why I love coming here. sorry I work so much and have not stopped by of late. I hope you are well.

     

    Blogger Suze said ... (9:18 AM) : 

    You are a good man! Many would make him do the driving.

     

    Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said ... (2:08 PM) : 

    Hugs My love.

     

    post a comment