My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Wednesday, August 09, 2006

    His and Hers PC's...................

    I'm not sure how it works in your house, but husband and wife, sharing a single PC can get........well awkward. Lovely wife and I decided some time ago, after trying the "1 PC solution", this just doesn't work our house.

    It's not about secrecy, or about selfishness, of the fear of the other completely hosing a perfectly good PC and the dreaded reformatting of the hdd that follows (which we have experienced 2 times before we went his and hers). It's actually about just the opposite, hence was born the LAN this winter in the Zig household.

    We actually set aside a room in the house and dubbed it the "computer room". Lovely wife is sharp as a tack and well skilled in many things but still learning on the computer. She was always paranoid about trying new things for fear of screwing up the machine as she learned. There really was only one solution.......Lovely wife needed her own.

    It was not a fancy machine, but as luck would have it, free, and at 900mhz with 256meg ram, 20 gig hdd, a fine starter machine to beat the hell out of, no fear. She learned quickly, she tried things without fear and acomplished more than failed. Now another chapter comes.

    With some amount of fear, and more than a little pride, the Lovely wife gets to ditch the boat anchor and move up to a real machine. :)While it's still no smoking blaze box, 1.5ghz and 640 meg ram, 120 gig storage, 32meg agp stand alone etc, and again..free, I really am proud she outgrew the beater box as quickly as she did.

    I know your'e not all married, or couples, but how do you all handle this in your home?

    Comments on "His and Hers PC's..................."

     

    Blogger Mrs.ZigZagMan said ... (11:18 PM) : 

    :) AWWWWWW! I love this man! Have I told you so? wait... let me tell him.... just incase he is eyeballing some of the hotties here....Zig, my love, my heart, the completion of my soul,
    I L O V E YOU! (bunches and bunches *giggles*)I hope in between the kids, the jobs and everything else in our crazy lives that I say this enough. Always, agrah.

     

    Blogger Elaine Denning said ... (5:02 AM) : 

    Ahhh, you guys are so sweet.
    Ok, in my home, my son has his own PC in his room. And a laptop, which is currently broken. My husband has his own PC in the kitchen. And I have a laptop which travels from room to room. Perfect, eh? I cannot imagine having to share one!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:33 PM) : 

    We have 2 PC here and a laptop... son have his own in his room... locked... me and him are in the same room (in fact a loft) and doing our things on our own machine... I think it is the best solution, when affordable...;-)

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:57 AM) : 

    Bubba looks around the home office....main desktop PC, work production laptop, laptop server, backup hard drive array, terabyte of NAS, twin nephew's 2 laptops, niece's laptop, sister's laptop, 6 work laptops in the drawer, 4 laptops that travel on the job...

    Ok.. so I am as big a geek as The Zigster. I just happen to work for a software company which is part of a hardware company. :D

    And no, I can't give you a laptop! Darn accounting system keeps track of those things. lol

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (12:38 PM) : 

    LOL......could you...per haps "report a laptop stolen" LOL

     

    Blogger Mosaic10 said ... (7:10 PM) : 

    Wow Bubba Im surprized you have any room left in your lap for anything else!!!!!!

     

    Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:55 PM) : 

    Loupster.... you KNOW I always have room in my lap for SOME things.... ;) :D :p

     

    post a comment