My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Tuesday, August 01, 2006

    Automated calls.................

    I don't know if this happens to you not in the states, but prevelant here. Let me paint the picture for you...

    Ring Ring...... Hrrm, do I pick up the phone? Is it an important call? Did I win publishers clearing house? F*ck......caller id in the other room. Do I risk it? Do I? It might be that creepy IRC friend I avoid, it might be my ex,......it might be my mom....Ring Ring...I chance it!!!!!

    Muzak in the backround...please hold for this very important call the recorded voice says......F*ck!!! They got me again!! I swear these guys make a drinking game of this!

    These really do annoy me, they call day and night. We did sign up no-call list and crap like that, but while it helped......long way to go. Somehow it has not been figured out that 8pm is not only bad time to call. Lovely wife works nights...guess how happy she is to get a call at 2 pm?

    Tonights offending call was from the electric company. Granted I was delighted it was not a collections call, rather a request to help conserve energy this heat wave, not one human ever picked up. Somehow i also was not moved to turn down the AC in the house either...........

    Here is a hint, to all who may use this autodialing device....

    1) If it truly is an important message, you should dial it yourself, and not make me hold while listening to muzak.

    2) If it truly is an important call, a human from your office should leave a message on my message machine.

    3) If your number on my caller id simply says "number unavailable" I'll assume you are unavailable, and not pick up.

    4) If your tele-jacakasses are unwilling to let me call them back at thier home, convienent time for me, stop expecting me to give them the same leeway.

    5) Stop calling me you ruthless bastards!!!!!!!!

    6) I really mean it.......stop

    7) Really

    8) Bastards......!!!!!!

    Ring Ring

    The views of this post qualifies in the catgory of "rant". No telemarketers or auto dialers were harmed in the posting of this episode............not to say I don't want too..................:)

    Comments on "Automated calls................."

     

    Blogger Elaine Denning said ... (3:02 AM) : 

    LMAO - That was hilarious! I used to get a load of calls like that...or from someone trying to sell me something. But I can honestly say that I haven't had to deal with it for a few years now as I've been taken off 'the list'. I think you should get Mrs Z a mobile phone for emergencies and tell her to take the home phone of the hook when she's sleeping. :)

     

    Blogger Suze said ... (11:20 AM) : 

    I let the answerphone pick all incoming phone calls. It save me speaking to sales people or even family members I am trying to avoid. (Don't tell them)

    If you turn of the ringer it's even better. That is our we're having sex setting. LOL

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (6:40 PM) : 

    Miss Understood, We tried that and she tends to leave it in her purse, as family simply must call to howdy all times of day LOL

    Suze, we've taken to the same plan. My answering machine message used to say."Hello, either I'm not here right now...or avoiding your call, please leave a message either way" :)

     

    Blogger Mosaic10 said ... (10:20 PM) : 

    OH I can't resist telemarketers, Having been one I ask appropiate questions to make the calls as brief as possible, A) do you get paid that you got someone? B) Do you get paid if you do your spiel to the bitter end?C)Do you get paid a percentage of what your harking, or a set rate?
    Once after asking all these questions, and still had the biotch on the line, and telling her various (polite) reasons why I was NOT interested in her product, she finally had the nerve to ask to speak to my husband.... "OH!!! my mind was in high gear that day....
    I told her 'Hey Honey this is YOUR lucky day...... You've reached a houseful of lesbians and you've reached the man!" She HUNG up on ME!!!!!!

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (6:13 PM) : 

    LOLOLOLOL OMG Mosaic. I can actually see you doing that too!!! :)

     

    post a comment