|I don't know if this happens to you not in the states, but prevelant here. Let me paint the picture for you...|
Ring Ring...... Hrrm, do I pick up the phone? Is it an important call? Did I win publishers clearing house? F*ck......caller id in the other room. Do I risk it? Do I? It might be that creepy IRC friend I avoid, it might be my ex,......it might be my mom....Ring Ring...I chance it!!!!!
Muzak in the backround...please hold for this very important call the recorded voice says......F*ck!!! They got me again!! I swear these guys make a drinking game of this!
These really do annoy me, they call day and night. We did sign up no-call list and crap like that, but while it helped......long way to go. Somehow it has not been figured out that 8pm is not only bad time to call. Lovely wife works nights...guess how happy she is to get a call at 2 pm?
Tonights offending call was from the electric company. Granted I was delighted it was not a collections call, rather a request to help conserve energy this heat wave, not one human ever picked up. Somehow i also was not moved to turn down the AC in the house either...........
Here is a hint, to all who may use this autodialing device....
1) If it truly is an important message, you should dial it yourself, and not make me hold while listening to muzak.
2) If it truly is an important call, a human from your office should leave a message on my message machine.
3) If your number on my caller id simply says "number unavailable" I'll assume you are unavailable, and not pick up.
4) If your tele-jacakasses are unwilling to let me call them back at thier home, convienent time for me, stop expecting me to give them the same leeway.
5) Stop calling me you ruthless bastards!!!!!!!!
6) I really mean it.......stop
The views of this post qualifies in the catgory of "rant". No telemarketers or auto dialers were harmed in the posting of this episode............not to say I don't want too..................:)