My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Father, Big ole perv, dork, geek. Hopeless romantic....

NSFW Favorites

AlexSuze.com
Amorous Rocker
Aunt Jackie
Down The Rabbithole
Here there be Dragons
Jay the Cynical Bastard
Agrah's Page
Pretty Peanut
Semi-Celibate Erotica
Sexy Duet
Stealth Bombshell
Tumbleweedwandering
Violet Blue
Edinburgh Erotica

    More Favorite Reads

    Other Favorite Reads

    Prior Posts

    Older posts

    Monday, July 31, 2006

    Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

    OK...it has romance, it has action, it has humor, it has rum, it has cannibals, it has Davey Jones and his minions, it still has an undead monkey. It also has drunken pirates. With a mix like this how can a film possibly go wrong??

    I'll tell you how. See it at the 3:00pm matinee surrounded by parents who think young...very young children would appreciate Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley more than my Lovely wife and I. Potty breaks and spilled popcorn were aplenty. For a bunch of nippers, I have to admit, tough crowd of native wee heathens we have here. Few crying eyes, save for the mom that was kind enough to bring her 9 month old, instead of leaving the strong lunged lad in the car.....or at home with a sitter..but I digress.

    The movie starts somber, Kiera waiting at a rainy empty wedding, a bride alone facing the ocean, it ends with a beating heart in a bag on a desk. Tons of fun and mayhem are there to be had in between. I give it a 7 of 10....now to my main gripe...

    Keira Knightley was rather lacking breast exposure this film. I mean really, wet dresses white cloth, 1st movie you saw alot more. The 1st movie was not lewd at all, and this one has some eyecandy, but not nearly enough........lol. They do include a very cajunesque seer that I'm looking forward to seeing more of in the 3rd installment of this run.

    While it is a truly fun lil ride if you've seen the 1st and already a fan, it's a shame to see what pains they took to make this more of a "family" movie. It's also a little disapointing here stateside, they leaked the details of the 3rd installment, and by doing so, completely shattered the myth that Jack Sparrow may have met his dramatic seemingly end.

    So anywho, if you want to see it..my best advice, avoid the matinee.................LOL

    Comments on "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"

     

    Blogger Murph said ... (12:30 AM) : 

    Holy cow... I thought that the "crying baby" thing only happened in Utah.

    So... good movie all-in-all?

     

    Blogger Elaine Denning said ... (3:33 AM) : 

    Haven't seen the 2nd one yet, but will do this weekend. Crying babies at the cinema? OMG. Shouldn't be allowed, should it. I'd have asked for a refund!

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (1:17 PM) : 

    Murph.....seems to happen here as well. But yes, all in all worth seeing.

    Miss understood, we were partly to blame, sunday afternoon crowd....:)

     

    Blogger Suze said ... (4:40 PM) : 

    I haven't seen this yet but on your recommendation I will try and catch it at an evening session.

    I usually end up having someone really tall or with big hair sit in front of me.

    Or even worse the sad geek who has seen it several times and insists on telling all his friends what comes next. Argghhh!

     

    Blogger ZigZagMan said ... (6:04 PM) : 

    OMG...I sooo very much dislike the sad geek you refer to.. :)

     

    Blogger NeverEnough said ... (6:36 PM) : 

    I have really got to watch this movie...

     

    post a comment